Friday, September 17, 2010

The Rain

In paddock soggy see me bide
I cannot wait to go inside.
As rain in buckets 'round me teems
Of hay and carrots I have dreams.

The drips and drops that fall on me
Dilute my pastoral reverie,
And to escape is my one wish
Before this horse becomes a fish.

Soon by the gate's my mother dear.
I call to her, "I'm over here!"
She comes to me all smiles and joy,
I really am a lucky boy!

A carrot treat she offers me
Which I accept most gratefully.
And to the barn I then am lead
Where it is warm and dry instead.

Then once inside she heaves a sigh --
I'm sopping wet from toe to eye.
She towels me off; I don't complain.
Just glad to be out of the rain.


Copyright Aimwell Enterprises 2010


Some days I like to roll in the mud, and somedays I just want my mommy!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment